Monday, November 10, 2014

TRAVELOGUE: Pundaquit Getawy (Part 2)

Ola friends! Did you guys enjoy my last post? Hope my last post made you relaxing.
As a continuation of my last post, I'm gonna show you today the part where we had trekking and discover a new beauty!

Today's Destination: 
PUNDAQUIT WATERFALLS!

There's two option to get to the falls.

OPTION 1:  (This is the advisable route)
From the beach of Pundakit, you will cross the Pundakit River.
After crossing, walk about 20-40 meters away then turn left and look for a pathway that is parallel to the beach. Just walk on the pathway for about 150-200 meters and you’ll be arriving at the falls.

NOTE: You need someone to guide you on the way there. Local residence there are nice and they can even be your tour guide. Be careful on some that ask for fee. You don't have to pay because its open for everyone. If they push to ask for fee you can report it on the barangay.

OPTION 2: (This is no longer available since they already put fence on the route and there's someone guarding it already.)

Since my friends know someone from there, we use this option because its easier and near from our cottage.

From the beach, you will cross the Pundakit River. (Since our cottage is already near, we already cross the river.) After crossing, walk about 20-40 meters away, then you will the end of the shoreline which leads you to the foot of the rocky mountain.














(Found this cutie little crab on one of the stone.)


(My sister is enjoying the waves and sitting in those rocks. But be careful once you go to the water it's already deep.)



The rocks are really slippery when wet so you must be careful where to step.)


From the cliff or edge of the mountain, you will see from your left a small pond. I think it's a river too but since it's summer there's no flow.)




Cross this water (It's cold seriously and the water is clear) and you'll find a small house and a pathway. Follow the pathway and please bring your slippers on.




And with just a small walk you'll see this view! TADA! Welcome to the PUNDAQUIT FALLS!



You see that top? We will go there. When we go here it's still summer so the flow of water is not that strong. And when it's dark and there's a sign of raining, Please don't even try to go here because we don't know how strong will be the current.



The first part of the falls. The depth of the water is 5 meters and above  I think. And as you can see, it's pretty gorgeous. The water is clear, you can see the bottom of it, and it's freakin' cold!

View from above.



She climb there and enjoying the sight and preparing herself also for a jump.


5-10 meters high, I really jump you know! It's so fun and refreshing!



Next: Let's go higher and visit the top part of the falls.



 Me and my sister enjoying the falls. It's slippery and full of rocks. You can't jump to this fall because the bottom is only 2 ft high.
















I really enjoy the falls. And now we're going back to the beach!

GENERAL NOTES:

1. Make sure when going into this kid of activity, you need someone who knows the place already. If there's not, ask for guidance from local residence there.
2. Be aware of your things. Someone must stay to look for your things.
3. You must only use this Option 2 when it's dry season and never go to the falls when you feel or see the sky getting darker. We never know when the stream will fall.
4. Be careful where to step your foot. On the way to the falls, the rocks are very slippery.
5. You must be with the boys. I seriously recommend that you need to be accompanied by the guys when climbing the falls.
6. Never go alone into the woods and never go far from the shore if you don't want to get drown. The beach is really deep you know.
7. When you go to the falls, refrain from leaving trash. We must take care of our nature and not ruining it.
8. When jumping into the falls make sure you won't hit or slip on the rocks. And check how deep it is.

Well do you like our little adventure? If you have time and want to go to a cool adventure, visit Pundaquit!

25 comments:

  1. aww lovely photos! Ive never been to any waterfalls huhu and i know you guys had a lotsa fun and laughters!

    www.sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it. Worth a try and its really fun :)

      Delete
  2. Been a while since I've been here! Still looks fun and dangerous ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've been here? Wow! That's good to hear. Yes its still dangerous but fun.

      Delete
  3. I think I have only been to one waterfall when I was still in the Philippines. That sounded sad. Haha!
    Anyhoo, great photos!

    - Aileen | http://iAmAileen.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well atleast you've visited one and i enjoy your adventures in amsterdam! Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Why so beautiful? That must be an unforgettable experience for you guys. I've never been to a falls myself so I'm really jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really a nice sight. A true beauty of nature. You shoulf try soon! It's fun !

      Delete
  5. That looks fun! Oh, where is Pundaquit btw? Would love to try that:) -joy of http://www.gastronomybyjoy.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's in San Antonio, Zambales miss Joy. Visit this place soon :) If you want to see more. I got a diff. post about the beach.

      Delete
  6. Awesome rock formations with beautiful ocean...your tips are helpful and it looks you enjoyed a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is but the rocks are dangerous. Thanks :)

      Delete
  7. For nature lovers, this the perfect place. I wonder if the water is ice cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. The water is ice cold especially with the falls.

      Delete
  8. wow! a lovely place, a perfect place to get relax... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My.... what an adventure. Seriously I ran out of words. This should be considered on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You should try the beaches of Zambales!

      Delete
  10. I'm in awe of the water adventure there.Nice place to bond with friends. Hope someday I can visit Pundaquit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The thing really missing in my life is going to a place as cool as this and relieve the stress from technology. I hope that someday I can visit this place as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so fun! I wish there was a place near me where I could do this! Though I don't know if I could handle the cold water.

    xx freshfizzle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had a great time. I love your photos and I am looking forward to visiting this place someday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow- is this somewhere in Zambales? I love your photos!! And, looks like you guys had fun!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for dropping by, reading my post, and leaving some kind comments. I really do appreciate it all. Have a happy and healthy blogging everyone