Customized shorts are in trend nowadays. You want them but can't afford? Here's a tip on how to make your own lame shorts into a fashionable shorts. I'll show you some designs I've made for our shop.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
Any type of shorts
Textile Paint. Any color will fit but make sure you'll choose a paint that is for clothes. Other paint might be remove after you wash it.
Paintbrush. Any type of paintbrush you have or available in your things.
Scissors, Cutter and Tape. Any type of paint but I prefer Paper Tape because it sticks perfectly on fabrics.
Stencils. Since I can't find any stencils that fit my designs here, I try making my own :) It also lessen my expense.
You can add more spice on your shorts if you like. Just do what you feel you want to make.
HOW TO DO:
1. Pick a design you want. As you can see, I choose to make the basic and common designs like the American Flag, Aztecs, and more.
2. Prepare your things for customizing. The materials you will use for your chosen design
3. Layout the design on your shorts. Either you draw on it the paint or use the tape for the outlines.
In the picture I just simply put the tape then apply some paint. With the use of the tape it helps having a firm design.
4. Use Stencils for shapes. If you want some shape and can't afford it. Why don't you try making your own stencils? I just cut these star shape from a used folder then stick it on the short with a paper tape.
5. Apply the paint. Now apply the paint for your design. Be careful on applying the paint.
6. Let it dry.
And viola! You have your own trendy shorts :) Hope this help you guys. Check out some of my designs I sell on our shop:
1. Cheetah Madness
2. Aztec Nation
3. Heart Hearts
5. American Flag (design at the back pockets)
What do you think guys? Hope you like it. Please visit our shop! Here's the link: BnF's Couture <3